see you in another universe

It's nice seeing my friend happy with their new partner, in a way they never seemed to be when they were with me.

I know a lot of people think I'm stupid, or even cruel, for letting go of someone who was genuinely kind and understanding. But believe me, when your life is still consumed by ambition, pressure, and everything you're trying to become, the people who love you often end up carrying the weight of it all. They keep having to understand you, over and over again, even when you barely understand yourself.

"This is just who I am. If you're okay with that, stay. If not, you're free to leave."

Looking back, that might've been the most selfish thing I've ever said.

Sometimes I wish I were like those people who can split their attention between a hundred different things and somehow make all of them work. But right now, I can't. At least not without something falling apart.

So, if I have to let go of one thing, then this is the thing I'm choosing to let go of.

And I'm sorry it had to be you.

I hope you're happier now. I hope you're loved the way you deserve to be.

Wishing you all the happiness in the world.

See you in another universe...



Post a Comment

0 Comments